The Consequences of Fear CD: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (CD-Audio)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 16 in the Maisie Dobbs series.
- #1: Maisie Dobbs (Paperback): $16.95
- #2: Birds of a Feather (Maisie Dobbs #2) (Paperback): $16.95
- #3: Pardonable Lies: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Maisie Dobbs Novels #3) (Paperback): $17.00
- #4: Messenger of Truth: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Maisie Dobbs Novels #4) (Paperback): $17.00
- #5: An Incomplete Revenge: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Maisie Dobbs Novels #5) (Paperback): $17.00
- #6: Among the Mad: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Maisie Dobbs Novels #6) (Paperback): $17.00
- #7: The Mapping of Love and Death: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Large Print / Paperback): $25.99
- #8: A Lesson in Secrets: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Paperback): $16.99
- #9: Elegy for Eddie: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Paperback): $15.99
- #10: Leaving Everything Most Loved: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #11: A Dangerous Place: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #12: Journey to Munich: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #13: In This Grave Hour: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #14: To Die but Once: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Hardcover): $27.99
- #15: The American Agent: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Hardcover): $27.99
- #17: A Sunlit Weapon: A Novel (Maisie Dobbs #17) (Hardcover): $27.99
As Europe buckles under Nazi occupation, Maisie Dobbs investigates a possible murder that threatens devastating repercussions for Britain's war efforts in this latest installment in the New York Times bestselling mystery series.
October 1941. While on a delivery, young Freddie Hackett, a message runner for a government office, witnesses an argument that ends in murder. Crouching in the doorway of a bombed-out house, Freddie waits until the coast is clear. But when he arrives at the delivery address, he’s shocked to come face to face with the killer.
Dismissed by the police when he attempts to report the crime, Freddie goes in search of a woman he once met when delivering a message: Maisie Dobbs. While Maisie believes the boy and wants to help, she must maintain extreme caution: she’s working secretly for the Special Operations Executive, assessing candidates for crucial work with the French resistance. Her two worlds collide when she spots the killer in a place she least expects. She soon realizes she’s been pulled into the orbit of a man who has his own reasons to kill—reasons that go back to the last war.
As Maisie becomes entangled in a power struggle between Britain’s intelligence efforts in France and the work of Free French agents operating across Europe, she must also contend with the lingering question of Freddie Hackett’s state of mind. What she uncovers could hold disastrous consequences for all involved in this compelling chapter of the “series that seems to get better with every entry” (Wall Street Journal).
About the Author
Jacqueline Winspear is the author of the New York Times bestsellers The Consequences of Fear, The American Agent, To Die but Once, In This Grave Hour, Journey to Munich, A Dangerous Place, Leaving Everything Most Loved, and Elegy for Eddie, as well as eight other bestselling Maisie Dobbs novels. Her standalone novel, The Care and Management of Lies, was also a New York Times bestseller, and a finalist for the Dayton Literary Peace Prize. Winspear has won numerous prizes, including the Agatha, Alex, and Macavity awards for the first book in the series, Maisie Dobbs, which was also nominated for the Edgar Award for Best Novel and was named a New York Times Notable Book. Originally from the United Kingdom, she lives in California.