The Pale Horseman Low Price CD (CD-Audio)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Saxon Tales series.
- #1: The Last Kingdom (Saxon Tales #1) (Paperback): $16.99
- #3: Lords of the North: A Novel (Saxon Tales #3) (Paperback): $16.99
- #4: Sword Song: The Battle for London (Saxon Tales #4) (Paperback): $16.99
- #5: The Burning Land: A Novel (Saxon Tales #5) (Paperback): $16.99
- #6: Death of Kings: A Novel (Saxon Tales #6) (Paperback): $16.99
- #7: The Pagan Lord: A Novel (Saxon Tales #7) (Paperback): $16.99
- #8: The Empty Throne: A Novel (Saxon Tales #8) (Large Print / Paperback): $27.99
- #9: Warriors of the Storm: A Novel (Saxon Tales #9) (Paperback): $16.99
- #10: The Flame Bearer (Saxon Tales) (Large Print / Paperback): Not Available from Us
- #11: War of the Wolf: A Novel (Saxon Tales #11) (Hardcover): $28.99
- #12: Sword of Kings CD: A Novel (Saxon Tales #12) (CD-Audio): Not Available from Us
- #13: War Lord: A Novel (Saxon Tales #13) (Paperback): $16.99
The second installment of Bernard Cornwell’s bestselling series chronicling the epic saga of the making of England, “like Game of Thrones, but real” (The Observer, London)—the basis for The Last Kingdom, the hit BBC America television series.
This is the exciting—yet little known—story of the making of England in the 9th and 10th centuries, the years in which King Alfred the Great, his son and grandson defeated the Danish Vikings who had invaded and occupied three of England’s four kingdoms.
At the end of The Last Kingdom, The Danes had been defeated at Cynuit, but the triumph of the English is not fated to last long. The Danish Vikings quickly invade and occupy three of England’s four kingdoms—and all that remains of the once proud country is a small piece of marshland, where Alfred and his family live with a few soldiers and retainers, including Uhtred, the dispossessed English nobleman who was raised by the Danes. Uhtred has always been a Dane at heart, and has always believed that given the chance, he would fight for the men who raised him and taught him the Viking ways. But when Iseult, a powerful sorceress, enters Uhtred’s life, he is forced to consider feelings he’s never confronted before—and Uhtred discovers, in his moment of greatest peril, a new-found loyalty and love for his native country and ruler.
About the Author
BERNARD CORNWELL is the author of over fifty novels, including the acclaimed New York Times bestselling Saxon Tales, which serve as the basis for the hit Netflix series The Last Kingdom. He lives with his wife on Cape Cod and in Charleston, South Carolina.