The Burglar in the Closet (Bernie Rhodenbarr #2) (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Bernie Rhodenbarr series.
- #1: Burglars Can't Be Choosers (Bernie Rhodenbarr #1) (Mass Market): Not Available from Us
- #3: The Burglar Who Liked to Quote Kipling (Bernie Rhodenbarr #3) (Mass Market): Not Available from Us
- #4: The Burglar Who Studied Spinoza (Bernie Rhodenbarr #4) (Mass Market): Not Available from Us
- #5: The Burglar Who Painted Like Mondrian (Bernie Rhodenbarr #5) (Paperback): Not Available from Us
- #6: The Burglar Who Traded Ted Williams (Bernie Rhodenbarr #6) (Paperback): Not Available from Us
- #7: The Burglar Who Thought He Was Bogart (Bernie Rhodenbarr #7) (Mass Market): Not Available from Us
- #8: The Burglar in the Library (Bernie Rhodenbarr #8) (Mass Market): Not Available from Us
- #9: The Burglar in the Rye (Bernie Rhodenbarr #9) (Mass Market): Not Available from Us
- #10: The Burglar on the Prowl (Bernie Rhodenbarr #10) (Mass Market): Not Available from Us
- #11: The Burglar Who Counted the Spoons (Bernie Rhodenbarr #11) (Paperback): Not Available from Us
- #12: The Burglar in Short Order (Bernie Rhodenbarr #12) (Paperback): Not Available from Us
It's hard to ignore someone with his hands in your mouth. Bernie Rhodenbarr's all ears when Dr. Sheldrake, his dentist, starts complaining about his detestable, soon-to-be-ex wife, and happens to mention the valuable diamonds she keeps lying around the apartment. Since Bernie's been known to supplement his income as a bookstore owner with the not-so-occasional bout of high-rise burglary, a couple of nights later he's in the Sheldrake apartment with larceny on his mind -- and has to duck into a closet when the lady of the house makes an unexpected entrance. Unfortunately he's still there when an unseen assailant does Mrs. Sheldrake in . . . and then vanishes with the jewels.
Bernie's got to come out of the closet some time. But when he does, he'll be facing a rap for a murder he didn't commit -- and for a burglary he certainly attempted -- unless he can hunt down the killer who left him hanging.
About the Author
Lawrence Block is one of the most widely recognized names in the mystery genre. He has been named a Grand Master of the Mystery Writers of America and is a four-time winner of the prestigious Edgar and Shamus Awards, as well as a recipient of prizes in France, Germany, and Japan. He received the Diamond Dagger from the British Crime Writers' Association—only the third American to be given this award. He is a prolific author, having written more than fifty books and numerous short stories, and is a devoted New Yorker and an enthusiastic global traveler.